The Characteristics of a Good Man
After a lengthy discussion with a good friend regarding the nature and characteristics of a “good, strong man”, I concluded with the following ten guidelines:
- Be a bringer of peace and courage to all those around you.
- Build strength in the hearts of all whom surround you.
- Behave in a manner consistent with how you speak and present yourself.
- Offer love and patience, especially to the most challenging relationships.
- Only speak with a positive tongue, using neither profane nor destructive language.
- Honor those who have given you their hearts.
- Be courageous and keep the righteous path when confronted by misgivings.
- Speak truly always, regardless of consequence.
- Act swiftly and deliberately when that is needed of you.
- Appreciate your many blessings by humbly caring for and protecting your mind, body, and soul.
Self-admittedly, I am quite terrible at some of these things, although having defined them at least provides a bit of healthy direction.